Re: [PBML] need help with sort::fields

  • daymobrew@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2004
      --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "Cristi Ocolisan" <cristi@w...>
      wrote:
      > Hello everyone!
      >
      > I have a problem I cannot solve alone. Please help me.
      >
      > I just started to work with MySQL and I'm stuck. I wrote the
      following code
      > to interrogate a database called "ncp", but when I execute it only
      the first
      > row from my table "persoane" is printed on screen.
      >

      > Can anyone tell me where I go wrong?
      >

      > Here is the code. For someone with experience it may look like very
      simple
      > but again I just started to work with MySQL.
      >

      > #!/usr/bin/perl
      >
      > use DBI;
      > use CGI;
      >
      > my $dsn = 'dbi:mysql:ncp';
      > my $user = 'root';
      > my $pass = '';
      >
      > #$nume = "Ocolisan";
      >
      > my $dbh = DBI->connect($dsn,$user,$pass) or die "Cannot connect!";
      >
      > my $sth = $dbh->prepare("select * from persoane");
      > $sth->execute();
      >
      > while (@row = $sth->fetchrow_array()){
      > print "$row[0] $row[1] $row[2] $row[3] $row[4] $row[5]<br>";
      > }
      >
      > Thank you
      >
      > CO

      Looking at
      http://hantach.hypermart.net/perldoc/dbd-dbimodule.html
      I think you may need to change your DSN to

      my $dsn = 'DBI:mysql:ncp'; # Caps for 'DBI'.

      Aside:
      1) Give the MySQL root user a password. It is very dangerous not to.
      2) Consider setting up a MySQL account which can only read the
      database. Then use this user in your script. This will ensure your CGI
      script cannot be used to change your database.