Re: [PBML] (Might be a runaway multi-line :: string starting on line 2:what does it mean

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2004
      >>>>> "oykusualaca" == oykusualaca <oykusualaca@...> writes:

      oykusualaca> use CGI qw:standard/;

      use CGI qw/:standard/;

    • Paul Archer
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2004
        Just a suggestion: if the error message indicates the error is on line 2,
        don't include the whole script--especially if it's as long as this one...

        8:34pm, oykusualaca wrote:

        > Does anyone familiar with the error message that I'm keep
        > receiving.I couldn't find out why I'm having this error.
        >
        > I would appricate for any help
        >
        > Belinda
        >
        > Here is my code **********
        >
        > #!/usr/bin/perl -wT
        > use CGI qw:standard/;
        > $velcome="This is my stage3";

        If you live in a small town /You might meet a dozen or two/
        Young alien types /Who step out /And dare to declare/
        "We're through being cool." -- Devo, "Through Being Cool"
      • Pankaj Udasin
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2004
          Hi Belinda,
          This error means somewhere in the code (not necessarily the line no
          mentioned in the error, usually a few lines before the mentioned line
          no.) the single quotes or double quotes are not closing.
          The line below in the your code had a missing doulble quote, hence the
          error.

          print <"table border=1 bordercolor=blue>\n;

          it should be
          print "<table border=1 bordercolor=blue>\n";

          regards,
          pankaj.

          NETCORE SOLUTIONS *** Ph: +91 22 5662 8000 Fax: +91 22 5662 8134

          MailServ and FlexiMail: Messaging Solutions: http://netcore.co.in

          Pragatee: Integrated Server-Software Suite: http://www.pragatee.com

          Emergic Freedom: Server-centric Computing: http://www.emergic.com

          BlogStreet: Blog Profiles and RSS Ecosystem: http://blogstreet.com