Re: I have some Perl scripts how do i make them work on a Apache HTTP Server 2.0

  • daymobrew@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2004
      --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "Ganea Daniel" <domeniul@y...>
      wrote:
      > I have perl installed on a partition C in c:\perl\bin on a
      > windows 98 system,and i got a free project in perl,containing some
      > scripts,the question is how do i the the result of the scripts in my
      > web browser?I assume that somewhere must be witten the path to
      > perl.exe,but where?Or how do i do that?
      > Please help me!Thank You.

      I'm not really sure what you are trying to do but I'm guessing this
      'free project' contains CGI scripts and you want to access them via
      your browser.

      Firstly ensure Apache is set up to run CGI scripts. If you go to
      http://localhost/cgi-bin/printenv and it displays some environment
      variables then it is working. Otherwise you'll have to modify
      conf/httpd.conf and search for 'cgi-bin' and read the instructions or
      read the Apache documentation.

      When it is working you might be able to copy the 'free project' files
      into the 'cgi-bin' directory, under the Apache directory.
      The documentation or README for this 'free project' should give you
      some steps for setting it up.
      You may have to change the first line in the scripts from something like:
      #!/usr/local/bin/perl
      #!c:/perl/bin/perl.exe
      (yes, use forward slashes).

      What is the name of this 'free project'? Someone on the list may know
      specifics about those files and the steps to take.