Re: [PBML] New member!

  • Maria K Meyers
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4, 2004
      Hi GreyPilgrim,
      We actually just had several posts related to this very question. Look at
      the posts from last week. You can do this at the group page by viewing the
      archives/past postings.
      ~Maria

      A M
      <gr3ypilgrim@yaho To: perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com
      o.com> cc: (bcc: Maria K Meyers/CrownCenter/HALLMARK)
      Subject: [PBML] New member!
      02/04/04 10:56 AM
      Please respond to
      perl-beginner

      Hi folks,

      I've just started learning Perl. Could you please
      recommend some books for me. I have some programming
      experince in C. I already have "Learning Perl, 3rd
      edition".

      Thanks.
      GreyPilgrim

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      To visit your group on the web, go to:

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    • Fortuno, Adam
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 4, 2004
        Learning Perl 3rd edition is all you need. Top to bottom that book and the
        world will be your oyster. I've got that and the Camel book. The Camel is a
        great reference for me. The Llama was what let me call myself a Perl
        programmer - no one snicker or laugh! Where DTS, VBA, and shell scripting
        fail Perl has provides a solution.

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 4, 2004

          Fortuno,> Learning Perl 3rd edition is all you need. Top to bottom that book and the
          Fortuno,> world will be your oyster. I've got that and the Camel book. The Camel is a
          Fortuno,> great reference for me. The Llama was what let me call myself a Perl
          Fortuno,> programmer - no one snicker or laugh! Where DTS, VBA, and shell scripting
          Fortuno,> fail Perl has provides a solution.

          Don't forget the alpaca to be used right after the llama.

        • J.E. Cripps
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 4, 2004
            > I've just started learning Perl. Could you please
            > recommend some books for me. I have some programming
            > experince in C. I already have "Learning Perl, 3rd
            > edition".

            Lots and _lots_ of books. (We just had a thread on
            this, FYI, you might check the archives.) What's
            your background and interests?