New member!

  • A M
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4, 2004
      Hi folks,

      I've just started learning Perl. Could you please
      recommend some books for me. I have some programming
      experince in C. I already have "Learning Perl, 3rd
      edition".

      Thanks.
      GreyPilgrim

      http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
    • Maria K Meyers
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 4, 2004
        Hi GreyPilgrim,
        We actually just had several posts related to this very question. Look at
        the posts from last week. You can do this at the group page by viewing the
        archives/past postings.
        ~Maria

        A M
        <gr3ypilgrim@yaho To: perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com
        o.com> cc: (bcc: Maria K Meyers/CrownCenter/HALLMARK)
        Subject: [PBML] New member!
        02/04/04 10:56 AM
        Please respond to
        perl-beginner

        Hi folks,

        I've just started learning Perl. Could you please
        recommend some books for me. I have some programming
        experince in C. I already have "Learning Perl, 3rd
        edition".

        Thanks.
        GreyPilgrim

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Fortuno, Adam
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 4, 2004
          Learning Perl 3rd edition is all you need. Top to bottom that book and the
          world will be your oyster. I've got that and the Camel book. The Camel is a
          great reference for me. The Llama was what let me call myself a Perl
          programmer - no one snicker or laugh! Where DTS, VBA, and shell scripting
          fail Perl has provides a solution.

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 4, 2004

            Fortuno,> Learning Perl 3rd edition is all you need. Top to bottom that book and the
            Fortuno,> world will be your oyster. I've got that and the Camel book. The Camel is a
            Fortuno,> great reference for me. The Llama was what let me call myself a Perl
            Fortuno,> programmer - no one snicker or laugh! Where DTS, VBA, and shell scripting
            Fortuno,> fail Perl has provides a solution.

            Don't forget the alpaca to be used right after the llama.

          • Brad Lhotsky
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 4, 2004
              Have you seen: http://books.perl.org ??

              This may help:

              Beginners: http://books.perl.org/category/7
              Categories: http://books.perl.org/categories

              I own: "Programming Perl", "Perl Cookbook", "Advanced Perl
              Programing", "Object Oriented Perl", "Mastering Regular Expressions",
              "Programming the Perl DBI", "Perl in a Nutshell", "Learning Perl
              Objects, References, and Modules", and "Network Programming with Perl".

              All of which I reference frequently.

              --
              Brad Lhotsky <brad@...>
            • J.E. Cripps
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 4, 2004
                > I've just started learning Perl. Could you please
                > recommend some books for me. I have some programming
                > experince in C. I already have "Learning Perl, 3rd
                > edition".

                Lots and _lots_ of books. (We just had a thread on
                this, FYI, you might check the archives.) What's
                your background and interests?