Renaming directories

  • mandwahlin
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2004
      Is it possible to rename a directory. I'm using mkdir to make a
      directory but id like to rename it.

      Cheers
      Mand
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2004

        mandwahlin> Is it possible to rename a directory. I'm using mkdir to make a
        mandwahlin> directory but id like to rename it.

        rename() works on directories, provided you aren't crossing filesystem
        boundaries.

      • List Account
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2004
          http://www.computerhope.com/renamehl.htm#03

          Example:
          Rename the directory chope to hope.

          rename c:\chope hope

          -Nathan

          Is it possible to rename a directory. I'm using mkdir to make a
          directory but id like to rename it.

          Cheers
          Mand

          Unsubscribing info is here: