Re: Expect Perl Module

  • daymobrew@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2004
      --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "mah_19812003"
      <mah_techpub@r...> wrote:
      > Hai all,
      > I am new to this group.I have a problem regarding insatlling of
      > Expect Perl Module in Solris system.So Please anyone having an idea
      > about this are most welcome.Please specify the file in CPAN that we
      > are supposed to install,the in which directory of solaris should i
      > install and the detailed procedure of the same.
      > Thanks,
      > Mahesh S.

      Mahesh,

      What problems are you having?
      As you asking for where to download the module it sounds like you
      haven't started.

      I used http://search.cpan.org and entered 'expect'
      The first link brought me to:
      http://search.cpan.org/~rgiersig/Expect-1.15/
      where you can download the module tarball.
      Neither the 'Changes' or 'README' files mention Solaris which may
      mean there is nothing special about.

      To take a few steps back, if you don't have the 'expect' application
      you can get it for Solaris at http://www.sunfreeware.com
      This uses 'pkgadd' to install the files to /usr/local.

      Do you have a compiler on your system?