Expect Perl Module

  • mah_19812003
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2004
      Hai all,
      I am new to this group.I have a problem regarding insatlling of
      Expect Perl Module in Solris system.So Please anyone having an idea
      about this are most welcome.Please specify the file in CPAN that we
      are supposed to install,the in which directory of solaris should i
      install and the detailed procedure of the same.
      Thanks,
      Mahesh S.
    • daymobrew@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 29, 2004
        --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "mah_19812003"
        <mah_techpub@r...> wrote:
        > Hai all,
        > I am new to this group.I have a problem regarding insatlling of
        > Expect Perl Module in Solris system.So Please anyone having an idea
        > about this are most welcome.Please specify the file in CPAN that we
        > are supposed to install,the in which directory of solaris should i
        > install and the detailed procedure of the same.
        > Thanks,
        > Mahesh S.

        Mahesh,

        What problems are you having?
        As you asking for where to download the module it sounds like you
        haven't started.

        I used http://search.cpan.org and entered 'expect'
        The first link brought me to:
        http://search.cpan.org/~rgiersig/Expect-1.15/
        where you can download the module tarball.
        Neither the 'Changes' or 'README' files mention Solaris which may
        mean there is nothing special about.

        To take a few steps back, if you don't have the 'expect' application
        you can get it for Solaris at http://www.sunfreeware.com
        This uses 'pkgadd' to install the files to /usr/local.

        Do you have a compiler on your system?