Re: [PBML] Dent in the wall is growing . . .

  • Maria K Meyers
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 27, 2004
      "Jeff 'japhy'
      Pinyan" To: perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com
      <japhy@...> cc: (bcc: Maria K Meyers/CrownCenter/HALLMARK)
      Subject: Re: [PBML] Dent in the wall is growing . . .
      01/26/04 07:51 PM
      Please respond to
      perl-beginner

      > use Time::Local;

      You don't need this module. You never use it.
      *** good to know

      You should include $! in your error message. THAT will tell you why you
      can't create the file.
      *** THANK YOU soo much! I didn't know of $! and it is so helpful

      Unnecessary to unlock the file. And you should be using Fcntl.pm
      constants.
      *** I have been looking at Fcntl.pm, but I don't understand it. I'm very
      knew to mods and functions - I learn what I need for the project at hand
      and don't always get a full grasp or even get the best way to go about it.
      My errors are telling me it won't set up the file because a file or
      directory doesn't exist. When I use Fcntl.pm or Apache::File or even open
      should I be using relative or absolute paths? Which is easier for a
      newbie? Also, if I don't know much C, should I use Fcntl or Apache::File?
      (I'm on Linux);

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      To visit your group on the web, go to:

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/