Re: [PBML] Mail performing modules comparison

  • Nicolay A. Vasiliev
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2004
      Helo, Brad! Thanks your answer!

      Brad Lhotsky ?????:

      >Any reason that you need to reinvent this wheel? Its not perl, but
      >check out http://www.squirrelmail.org I've been running that on my
      >site for sometime with vmailmgr, courier imap, and qmail for my virtual
      >domains and have had nothing but success and compliments on it from my
      >users.

      How many users use this feature concurrently?

      >If you need to re-invent this. Take a look at:
      >http://search.cpan.org/~markov/MailTools-1.60/
      >
      >Or if what you need isn't in that package, try
      >http://search.cpan.org/search?query=Mail&mode=module
      >
      >Another track might be to use:
      >http://search.cpan.org/~gbarr/libnet-1.17/
      >
      >Specifically Net::POP3 and Net::SMTP.

      Thanks, I will try to use them all.

      >Hope that gives you somewhere to start.

      I hope too :)

      www.soft411.com - perfect software catalogue
      www.spamliquidator.com - Kill spam!
    • Brad Lhotsky
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2004
        On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 09:40:06AM +0300, Nicolay A. Vasiliev wrote:
        > Helo, Brad! Thanks your answer!
        >
        > Brad Lhotsky ?????:
        >
        > >Any reason that you need to reinvent this wheel? Its not perl, but
        > >check out http://www.squirrelmail.org I've been running that on my
        > >site for sometime with vmailmgr, courier imap, and qmail for my virtual
        > >domains and have had nothing but success and compliments on it from my
        > >users.
        > >

        > How many users use this feature concurrently?

        My site? About 50. However, I know of atleast one university in my area
        that uses squirrelmail as their web mail app for students and faculty.
        I'd imagine there's atleast several hundred users on concurrently at
        peak usage times.

        --
        Brad Lhotsky <brad@...>