Net::PING module

  • Priss
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2004
      Hi,

      Wonder if someone could help me, I am trying to use the ping module
      for my script but I am getting the following error (even star is
      pingable):

      [snip]
      Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry
      at /opt/OV/bin/Perl/lib/perl5/5.6.0/Net/Ping.pm line 148, <FILE> line
      1.Star 10.1.2.25 is dead
      [snip]

      I installed the lastest module with some error.... ran the script
      again, still getting the exact same error (still using the old
      NET:Ping module?). The script runs fine on the other machine... any
      ideas?

      bash-2.05b# make test
      PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /gnu/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-
      e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
      t/100_load...........ok

      t/110_icmp_inst......ok

      t/120_udp_inst.......ok

      t/130_tcp_inst.......ok

      t/140_stream_inst....ok

      t/150_syn_inst.......ok

      t/190_alarm..........ok

      t/200_ping_tcp.......ok

      t/250_ping_hires.....ok

      t/300_ping_stream....ok

      t/400_ping_syn.......ok

      t/410_syn_host.......ok

      t/450_service........ok

      t/500_ping_icmp......ok 1/2# Failed test 2 in t/500_ping_icmp.t at
      line 28
      t/500_ping_icmp......FAILED test
      2
      Failed 1/2 tests, 50.00% okay
      t/510_ping_udp.......ok

      Failed Test Stat Wstat Total Fail Failed List of Failed
      ---------
      t/500_ping_icmp.t 2 1 50.00% 2
      Failed 1/15 test scripts, 93.33% okay. 1/128 subtests failed, 99.22%
      okay.
      make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 2
      bash-2.05b# make install
      Installing /gnu/perl5/lib/5.8.0/PA-RISC2.0/Net/Ping.pm
      Installing /gnu/perl5/man/man3/Net::Ping.3
      Writing /gnu/perl5/lib/site_perl/5.8.0/PA-
      RISC2.0/auto/Net/Ping/.packlist
      Appending installation info to /gnu/perl5/lib/5.8.0/PA-
      RISC2.0/perllocal.pod

      Many thanks.

      Priss
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2004

        Priss> Wonder if someone could help me, I am trying to use the ping module
        Priss> for my script but I am getting the following error (even star is
        Priss> pingable):

        Are you root? You can't do an ICMP ping unless you are root.

      • Priss
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2004
          > Are you root? You can't do an ICMP ping unless you are root.

          Hi, thanks for your reply. I am not using ICMP, I am using tcp
          telnet echo port. (running as root didn't make a different :( )

          Priss