Re: [PBML] Scoping Variables

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 1943
      >>>>> "essential" == essential quint <quintessential1@...> writes:

      essential> Am not sure of how easy this is to answer, but I'm trying
      essential> to figure out how to scope my variables. Am just wondering
      essential> what characteristics help one to identify a global variable
      essential> that must be passed in as a parameter from one that is
      essential> locally defined?

      Generally, global variable linkage is bad. If you google for
      "site:stonehenge.com global", you'll come across a number of magazine
      articles where I say that.

      You might want to skip directly to my recent article on scoping, at
      <http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/UnixReview/col46.html>.