Mail performing modules comparison

  • Nicolay A. Vasiliev
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2003
      Hello there!

      I am finding as best as possible perl module for performing e-mail on
      the mail server. The main goal is a web-interface for mail system which
      mean the concurrent work of users large number.

      So I'd like to hear the words of your experience which module is best
      for such work or which way could be most optimal?

      TIA

      Sorry my poor English

      www.soft411.com - perfect software catalogue
      www.spamliquidator.com - Kill spam!
    • Brad Lhotsky
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 31, 2003
        Any reason that you need to reinvent this wheel? Its not perl, but
        check out http://www.squirrelmail.org I've been running that on my
        site for sometime with vmailmgr, courier imap, and qmail for my virtual
        domains and have had nothing but success and compliments on it from my
        users.

        If you need to re-invent this. Take a look at:
        http://search.cpan.org/~markov/MailTools-1.60/

        Or if what you need isn't in that package, try
        http://search.cpan.org/search?query=Mail&mode=module

        Another track might be to use:
        http://search.cpan.org/~gbarr/libnet-1.17/

        Specifically Net::POP3 and Net::SMTP.

        Hope that gives you somewhere to start.

        --
        Brad Lhotsky <brad@...>
      • Nicolay A. Vasiliev
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2004
          Helo, Brad! Thanks your answer!

          Brad Lhotsky ?????:

          >Any reason that you need to reinvent this wheel? Its not perl, but
          >check out http://www.squirrelmail.org I've been running that on my
          >site for sometime with vmailmgr, courier imap, and qmail for my virtual
          >domains and have had nothing but success and compliments on it from my
          >users.

          How many users use this feature concurrently?

          >If you need to re-invent this. Take a look at:
          >http://search.cpan.org/~markov/MailTools-1.60/
          >
          >Or if what you need isn't in that package, try
          >http://search.cpan.org/search?query=Mail&mode=module
          >
          >Another track might be to use:
          >http://search.cpan.org/~gbarr/libnet-1.17/
          >
          >Specifically Net::POP3 and Net::SMTP.

          Thanks, I will try to use them all.

          >Hope that gives you somewhere to start.

          I hope too :)

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 5, 2004
            On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 09:40:06AM +0300, Nicolay A. Vasiliev wrote:
            > Helo, Brad! Thanks your answer!
            >
            > Brad Lhotsky ?????:
            >
            > >Any reason that you need to reinvent this wheel? Its not perl, but
            > >check out http://www.squirrelmail.org I've been running that on my
            > >site for sometime with vmailmgr, courier imap, and qmail for my virtual
            > >domains and have had nothing but success and compliments on it from my
            > >users.
            > >

            > How many users use this feature concurrently?

            My site? About 50. However, I know of atleast one university in my area
            that uses squirrelmail as their web mail app for students and faculty.
            I'd imagine there's atleast several hundred users on concurrently at
            peak usage times.