Re: [PBML] How to install the modules in widows

  • gordon Stewart
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2003
      >From: "DBM Krishna" <krishna@...>
      >To: <perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: [PBML] How to install the modules in widows
      >Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 15:14:38 +0530
      >
      >Hi all,
      >
      >I have installed perl from active state. I am able to connect only few
      >repositories and install the modules from those repositories, but how could
      >I install the CPAN modules and I have downloaded some modules but after
      >unzipping the tar.gz files I found some .C and .H files do I need to
      >compile
      >them manually .? if so which compiler do I need to use .?

      If you downloaded the Windows MSI package - you shouldnt need any
      compiling..

      However (its a LONG time since i did this).. but when I installed it, it
      placed all the libraries under a strange area

      c:\programe files\perl\whatever\lib etc...

      I just created a c:\usr\ directory & moved the LIB / SITE etc.. directories
      under the c:\usr\ directory

      That worked quite easy for me.

      PS - I only use C:\ for testing only...

      Groove on the latest from the hot new rock groups! Get downloads, videos,
      and more here. http://special.msn.com/entertainment/wiredformusic.armx