Re: [PBML] palindromes

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 25, 2003
      --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "Mario Chamorro" <mario@c...> wrote:
      > --- "Stern, Leon" <LStern@a...> wrote:
      > > As a long time lurker and purchaser and reader of Randal's books
      > and other writings, I am delighted that you are here and interacting
      > with us.
      > > Leon
      >
      > I haven't posted before, but I'd also like to express some
      > appreciation for the help Randal Schwarz gives us, even if some are
      > ignorant fools. It's amazing that you can come on these Yahoo Groups
      > and get some world class talent on the other end like Randal, and
      > Wietse Venema in the Postfix list, among others.
      > - MMM

      --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "Mario Chamorro" <mario@c...> wrote:
      > --- "Stern, Leon" <LStern@a...> wrote:
      > > As a long time lurker and purchaser and reader of Randal's books
      > and other writings, I am delighted that you are here and interacting
      > with us.
      > > Leon
      >
      > I haven't posted before, but I'd also like to express some
      > appreciation for the help Randal Schwarz gives us, even if some are
      > ignorant fools. It's amazing that you can come on these Yahoo Groups
      > and get some world class talent on the other end like Randal, and
      > Wietse Venema in the Postfix list, among others.
      > - MMM

      It's funny. When I started looking at perl for the first time, a few
      years ago (before I gave up) I had searched for perl-this and
      perl-that and ended up at the stonehenge site. Here we are years
      later, I started to pick up perl again (it still doesn't make sense to
      me, but it's getting better) and happened to join my first group on
      yahoo at the same time, and thought "there must be a perl group in
      here." So I jumped in, and my first post was answered by Randal in a
      matter of minutes. Later I looked back at his post and saw the
      stonehenge link. You know it sure is neat that some good things on the
      web never change. I recognized stonehenge, instantly. The little blue
      dots...

      Such a simple thing like, "If you're a new member, go look at perldocs
      or google a bit before you post..." could be added to the description
      to this group.

      It's nice to know that some folks who have been perl everyday for
      years can find the time to answer my first grade questions. Actually,
      "answer" is the wrong word. My experinces in this list are that most
      of the replies I get only offer suggestions or hints. The answer is
      for me to find. That's a good way to learn, I think. Just point me in
      the right direction and I've found it. My first post's first response:
      code, just a clue. But it did "answer" my needs (after looking at
      perldocs).

      --------
      Scott Mellgren
      http://blog.tapdig.com