Re: sessions expiry

  • Damien Carbery
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2003
      --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, cgiperl <amancgiperl@n...> wrote:
      > Hi All
      >
      > I need to implement sessions with autorefresh.
      > What I want to do is as follows
      >
      > User is at Page index.pl - create a session with timestamp parameter
      > User browses the website and ends up at (say) somepage.cgi for 30 secs
      > At the end of 30 secs I want to kick them off to index.pl
      >
      > I have implemeted sessions and can carry and retrive values use
      > CGI::Session but need to know how do I automatically kick them out
      after
      > a given amount a time (30 secs in this case)
      >
      > Help appreciated.
      >
      > Thanks

      Could you use a meta tag to redirect to index.pl after 30 secs. If the
      user moves to another page within 30 secs they will not be redirected.
      The meta tag goes in the HTML header area:
      meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="30;url=/index.pl"
      (obviously angle brackets around this line; I excluded them to ensure
      you could see the 'code')