Converting From MD5

  • Joe Catanzaro
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2003
      I'd like to convert MD5 hex data back to regular text. From the research
      I've done, it doesn't appear that Digest::MD5 does this. Am I wrong? Can
      someone point me to documentation that would show me how to do this?

      Thanks,

      Joe Catanzaro
      joecatanzaro@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2003

        Joe> I'd like to convert MD5 hex data back to regular text. From the research
        Joe> I've done, it doesn't appear that Digest::MD5 does this. Am I wrong? Can
        Joe> someone point me to documentation that would show me how to do this?

        MD5 is a hash. You can never get back the original text. That's the point.

        MD5 is not an encoding or encryption. It's a message digest.