Re: [PBML] why error?

  • cajun@cajuninc.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2001
      -T forces "taint" checks to be turned on so you can test
      them. Ordinarily these checks are done only when
      running setuid or setgid. It's a good idea to turn
      them on explicitly for programs that run on behalf of
      someone else whom you might not necessarily trust,
      such as CGI programs or any internet servers you
      might write in Perl. See the perlsec manpage for
      details. For security reasons, this option must be
      seen by Perl quite early; usually this means it must
      appear early on the command line or in the #! line
      for systems which support that construct.

      HTH,
      Mike

      --

      Linux: Because Bill Gates can't keep it up this long
      10:12am up 2 days, 19:07, 7 users, load average: 1.05, 1.12, 1.15