RE: [PBML] Please help - RE: Sending email with ActiveState perl

  • Rob Swiger
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1 4:51 PM
      Get Blat!

      http://gepasi.dbs.aber.ac.uk/softw/Blat.html

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Mike Payne [mailto:theseus@...]
      Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2001 1:49 AM
      To: perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [PBML] Please help - RE: Sending email with ActiveState perl

      I have asked this question several times on this list, and I've gotten very
      few responses. I need to find the simplest way to send mail on a Windows
      system with ActiveState perl. Can someone please help me out with some
      information, and preferably a link to whatever solution they recommend.
      Thanks.

      -Mike
    • Franki
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 2 7:08 AM
        Hi people,

        I just sent this message to the CGI group... but then I figured its more
        suitable for this group.

        I am having trouble working out the best way (or any way for that matter )

        To do the following..

        I have a perl shopping cart... it works, but I want to add some extra
        functionality....

        At the top of the shopping page is a toolbar. I have put a JS popup window
        in there, that comes up at roughly 350x250px (at present the window is
        opening a existing page, not a generated one.)
        I want add a function that prints a table of purchases to that popup
        window... (ie when people are shopping they can click the button at any
        time and see what they have picked so far.)

        I have a function or sub in the script that can do that.. I am just not sure
        how to get it to print to it....

        Should I have the page have a form with hidden fields that submits on load
        to the script?

        Does anyone have any suggestions?

        (for what its worth, the script is based on Commerce.cgi)

        many thanx and kindest regards

        Frank Hauptle
        http://www.gshop.com.au/
        franki@...
      • Frank Bauer
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 6 9:52 PM
          Hello,

          I used to use the following code in my script to load
          a file from a distant server:

          use LWP::Simple;
          $file = "http://www.otherhost.com/file.txt";
          @add = get( $file );

          Now I get an error message (different server):
          Simple.pm: Can't locate LWP/Simple.pm in @INC

          Does anybody know or have the source code of Simple.pm ?
        • Mike Lewis
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 7 3:54 AM
            uhhhh.... Have you installed 'LWP::Simple' ?

            hint:
            perl -MCPAN -e shell;
            cpan> install LWP::Simple

            HTH,
            Mike

            --

            IBM: Incredibly Bullying Menace
            3:50am up 3 days, 13:34, 6 users, load average: 2.21, 1.89, 1.42
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 18 10:40 PM
              Hello everybody,

              On a host (NT server) I get sometimes this error message
              while working through a script.

              It seems like it only crashes shortly after or during loading
              gib (85k and bigger) files.

              This is the error:

              HTTP/1.1 502 Gateway Error
              Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
              Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 16:47:33 GMT

              allowed time for processing. The server has deleted the process.

              The same script doesn't produce any errors on an Unix server.

              Any idea what could cause this error?

              Sincerely

              Frank Bauer
              <mailto:Support@...>

              - Publisher & editor of the "More4you Newsletter"
              - Webmaster of the "Frank Bauer's $1,000,000 Web-Mall" &
              the "Would you like more... ?" website

              If you would like to cross promote, please send an email:
              <mailto:webmaster@...?Subject=Cross Promote>
              If it will help us both, we will most likely have a deal!

              Important URL's:

              Add2it Mailman Pro Website
              - http://www.add2it.com/mailman-pro.shtml

              Add2it Mailman Free Website
              - http://www.add2it.com/mailman-free.shtml

              Add2it Timesaving Scripts For Webmasters
              - http://www.add2it.com/scripts.shtml

              Does your website need more traffic? Your website will be
              submitted to over 1000 search engines & directories! Guaranteed!
              Visit: http://www.add2it.com/go/to.cgi?l=moretraffic
              Wouldn't you like more tips, training & tutorials for webmasters
              & entrepreneurs? Get the monthly published More4you Newsletter
              for free! Everything you need to make your website and business
              a success! Subscribe at: http://www.million-mall.com/news/
              or send an email to: <mailto:Subscribe@...>
              Publisher, editor & webmaster: <mailto:Frank.Bauer@...>
              Mailing Address: August-Sievers-Ring 15, 24148 Kiel, Germany
              Voice+Fax: +1-320-204-3250 & +49-180-5052-5555-8359 ICQ: 8036878
              More contact information at: http://www.add2it.com/contact.shtml
              Or By Autoresponder: <mailto:Contact-Info@...>
              Are you still searching for... ? Amazing lists of resources and
              the best sites to shop. The best of & about network marketing
              and other resources. How to build your traffic & your business.
              You will find all this and more at: http://www.million-mall.com
              list.FANTASTIC income stream. Sign up just 4 members
              within 3 days and you will earn A$10/member for the entire
              matrix!! This is A$880,000. Act Now Don't miss this one!!
                > The specified CGI application exceeded the
                > allowed time for processing.

                I think the error message explains it.
                You should be able to adjust the allowed time (you can in Apache).