Re: [PBML] Help!

  • Charles K. Clarkson
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2001
      You might take a look at Matt's Script archive. Dowload
      a few script's and see how thier done. Then adapt them to
      your application. Guestbook and WWWboard look like
      prime candidates.

      http://worldwidemart.com/scripts/

      Good Luck,
      Charles K. Clarkson

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 2001
        Jeremiah Megie <jmegie81@...>
        :
        : Can someone tell me why this script doesn't work.
        : Everything works except, when it gets to the
        : telnet section, it automatically prints the "done"
        : screen, but it never seems to actually run the
        : telnet sub section.

        Sorry, but I don't know which part is the
        'done' screen. Can you be more specific? Try
        testing the create_email sub as a separate
        program:

        use Net::Telnet;
        $host = 'SERVER.DOMAIN.COM';
        $username = 'USERNAME';
        $passwd = 'PASSWORD';
        $t = Net::Telnet->new( Timeout => 10, Host => $host,);
        $t->login($username, $passwd);
        $t->telnetmode('0');
        $t->waitfor(/#/i);
        $t->print("createmail.pl . . .");
        $t->waitfor(/#/i);
        $t->close;

        Does it perform as expected?

        : Everytime I run the script, I look at the mail
        : server and the user hasn't been created... If I
        : run the commands by hand, it's fine.
        :
        [snip]
        :
        : if ($exist) {&dup_euser}
        : sub dub_euser {

        dup_euser or dub_euser?

        [snip]

        HTH,
        Charles K. Clarkson
      • Kyle Hamar
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 19, 2002
          A search of newsgroups found the following;

          >The following method, however, works on my Win98 system with ActivePerl
          >Build 631 and Apache 1.3.22:
          >
          >Create directory c:/usr/bin
          >Copy the Perl executable perl.exe (normally located in c:\perl\bin and
          >about 20KB in size) into this directory. Make sure you have a real copy and
          >not a shortcut.
          >#!/usr/bin/perl should work now.

          Untested, but for a newbie like me this will save a lot of heartache if it
          works! (replacement for #!c://perl/bin/perl )

          Superusers,
          Does this have pitfalls that we should be aware of?

          Kyle
        • Jason Larson
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 20, 2002

            Per the ActivePerl Documentation: "Unfortunately, Win32 platforms don't
            provide the shebang syntax, or anything like it." You need to associate .pl
            with the perl interpreter. I could describe how to do it, but it's easiest
            if you read the information yourself. Start | Programs | ActiveState
            ActivePerl 5.6 | Documentation. On the left menu, go down to ActivePerl FAQ
            | Windows Specifics, then click on Windows 9x/NT/2000. On the right-hand
            pane, click "How do I associate Perl scripts with perl?"

            Hope this helps...
            Jason

            CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

            The information contained in this ELECTRONIC MAIL transmission
            is confidential. It may also be privileged work product or proprietary
            information. This information is intended for the exclusive use of the
            addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
            notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution [other
            than to the addressee(s)], copying or taking of any action because
            of this information is strictly prohibited.

          • Charles K. Clarkson
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 27, 2002
              "Ken Arck" <ph@...>

              <sarcasm>
              Great subject, Ken. Very descriptive.
              </sarcasm>

              : I'm dealing with log files where each line starts with a date in the
              : format: mm/dd/yy. There are many lines for each date and many
              : different dates. Log entries look like this:
              :
              : 04/25/02 , 10:22:22 , 50.0, F , 99.99, MPH, South ,180.0 , 0
              :
              : I'm trying to figure out how to parse the file looking for a particular
              : date that is only contained in a scalar. In other words, I know all
              : about reading a CSV file and building an array with each field
              : contained in a element, so no problem there. What is the problem
              : is that this process will be automated, so it must be able to extract
              : log entries based on yesterday's date, which will be figured by the
              : perl script and held in a scalar. I have the rest of the code done
              : though.

              What form is the date in the scalar? Is it a serial or a date
              formatted to mm/dd/yy?

              : What I haven't figured out is how to use a scalar (variable?) in a
              : regular expression search with which to parse the file looking for
              : yesterday's date.

              /$date/ works.

              I can guess that this might work. Assuming you have a function
              to get yesterday as a 'mm/dd/yy' date, but it doesn't use a regex.

              my $yesterday = yesterday();
              while ( <> ) {
              my @field = split /\s*,\s*/;
              next unless $field[0] eq $yesterday;
              .
              .
              .
              }

              I can't give you much more without some code. Can you
              show what you tried so far? And what is in the scalar?

              HTH,

              Charles K. Clarkson
              --
              Head Bottle Washer,
              Clarkson Energy Homes, Inc.

              CJ Web Work - Domains for Real Estate Investors.
              E Pluribus Unum -- One from many.
            • Charles K. Clarkson
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 27, 2002
                "Ken Arck" <ph@...>

                : At 08:39 PM 4/27/02 -0700, you wrote:
                :
                : The code is a bit much to post line-by-line. I've attached the
                : file...zipped of course :)
                :
                : <----Seems I can't do attachments on this list. Should I just C & P the
                : whole thing?

                Post it to the group:

                You'll need to have your password handy. A message will
                automatically be sent to the [PBML] group.

                HTH,
                Charles K. Clarkson
                --
                Head Bottle Washer,
                Clarkson Energy Homes, Inc.

                CJ Web Work - Domains for Real Estate Investors.
                E Pluribus Unum -- One from many.
              • Ken Arck