[PBML] perl on windows??

  • dmarney
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 26, 1999
      I've been learning perl on unix for a few weeks, and thought I would give it a whirl
      on windows. I know squat about DOS ( as you will now see ). I downloaded the
      pre built PERL from ActiveState and it went fine.

      However now it will only recognise the scripts I write using Notepad if I put them
      in C:\WINDOWS.

      If I am in any other directory it does'nt work ( but perl is found ok, perl -v works )

    • crengifo@reacciun.ve
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 30, 1999
        > I've been learning perl on unix for a few weeks, and thought I would give it a whirl
        > on windows. I know squat about DOS ( as you will now see ). I downloaded the
        > pre built PERL from ActiveState and it went fine.
        >
        > However now it will only recognise the scripts I write using Notepad if I put them
        > in C:\WINDOWS.
        >
        > If I am in any other directory it does'nt work ( but perl is found ok, perl -v works )

        Add
        SET PATH=C:\PERL\BIN;
        into Autoexec.bat

        Also, In Windows, you can run your script from a batch file, and click.
        Example: run.bat
        echo off
        perl script.pl