Writing to an Access Database

  • Don Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2001
      Greetings,

      I'm trying to find an example of a script that will take the contents of a
      pipe delimited text flat file (potentially very large), and write it into an
      MS Access 97 table.

      I've hunted high & low on the Internet, but all the examples I've found show
      you how to read from an Access database and display the results in a
      browser. I've gotten that far, but now I want to send the contents of the
      text file (which, by the way, is raw data, no field names) to my Access
      database.

      I'm running a Windows machine and have Win32 ODBC loaded and working ok.

      Thanks in advance for your help.

      Regards,

      Don Smith