RE: [PBML] My first scripts.

  • Foster, Russell J.
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2001
      Hans,

      I have to agree that there is not a lot of good documentation for non-geeks.

      > "perldoc perlfunc" . Basically the use of "my" is for scoping local
      > variables...

      ...are meaningless to me. I've been acused of "using too many lines [of
      code]" to accomplish my task... but they work, and I can read them. That's
      whats important.

      Cheers.

      -rjf

      >>From: Hans <hansfong@...>

      >>If you do send me comments then please remember I've written them in code
      >>understand. If you have suggestions on how to do things smarter I'd
      >>appreciate if you explain why and how certain commands work. It's not that
      >>I'm lazy, but certain things are rarely explained in Perl books, or are
      >>quite incomprehensible for non-geeks. Want an example: I can't find what
      >>the function is of "my" is in Perl/Tk scripts, not even in the "Learning
      >>Perl/Tk" book I own. My scripts seem to work fine without them.

      This e-mail is sent by a law firm and may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and any attachments and notify us immediately.