[PBML] Re: send mail script

  • Tom Barron
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 1999
      > Maxy wrote:
      > I have a mailing list on egrops and I want to make a form on my site
      > to subscribe directly.
      > I'm looking for a script to do that..
      > (send the email of the subscriber to mylist-subscribe@egroups.com).
      > any help please..

      Hi, Maxy. It doesn't have to do with perl particularly, but e-groups
      provides HTML code for just what you're asking. On the information page
      for your group (i.e.,
      http://www.egroups.com/group/<group-name>/info.html), there's a link
      called "Get a sign-up box for this group". Click on that and you'll get
      a screenful of HTML you can paste into your page to generate a sign-up
      form.

      As an example, here's the link to the code for the perl beginner list:

      http://www.egroups.com/GroupTemplatesPage?listName=perl-beginner

      hth...
      Tom