Re: [PBML] Socket help

  • Jenda Krynicky
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 25, 2003
      From: "Nadjaf Kouliev" <exanvu@...>
      > What is the alternative of IO::Socket of Unix in Windows?
      > IO-Socket-Socks or SOCKS or else?
      > And i would like to know which module is the best for working with
      > sockets in Windows?

      You should only need the IO::Socked::Socks or SOCKS if you were using
      the SOCKS proxy/firewall. If you do not know what that is, you most
      probably don't need it ;-)

      IO::Socket should work fine under Windows.
      If something doesn't work as expected, show us an example, tell us
      what you expected and what happened and we'll see if we can help.

      Jenda
      -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery