Re: Print process id

  • Damien Carbery
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2003
      --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "Vema Venkata" <venkatsb@a...>
      wrote:

      > I have a following script to print the process id to a log file
      > but in the log file the poroccess id seems to be different
      > can any one help/sugges
      >

      > #!/proj/ahd02/CAisd/ActivePerl-5.6.0.618/bin/perl -w
      > #/usr/local/bin/perl
      > use POSIX qw(strftime);
      > $now_string = strftime "%a %b %e %H:%M:%S %Y", localtime;
      > $xapipgm = "/proj/ahd02/CAisd/site/mods/scripts/srvtst26.pl";
      > $ret = qx(pgrep -f srvtst26);
      > if ($? eq 0){
      > $ret = qx(pgrep - f $xapipgm);
      > print "AHD XAPI SERver Running with Process ID :$$ On '$now_string'";
      > } else{
      > open (F,
      ">>/proj/ahd02/CAisd/site/mods/scripts/log/init/ahdxapi.init.log")||die
      "OS Error was $! \n";
      > print F "AHDXAPI Server is now started running '$now_string'";
      > close F;
      > $ret =qx(perl $xapipgm
      >>/proj/ahd02/CAisd/site/mods/scripts/log/init/ahdxapi.init.log);
      > }

      Woah, be patient. I think the majority of members of this list are
      based in the US you may have to wait more than 3 hours for a response.

      As there are no comments in the script I'm not sure what you are
      trying to do. One thing comes to mind: If you run a process, it
      completes and you run it again, the process IDs will be different.
      This probably doesn't help you but since you seem anxious for a
      response this should keep you going until others respond.