Re: my, our, local?

  • Jonathan Hipkiss
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 2, 2003
      Thanks to all who replied to this, much appreciated.

      Jonathan

      --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "Jonathan Hipkiss"

    • lang@ms.chinmin.edu.tw
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 4, 2003
        On Mon, 01 Sep 2003, Paul Archer wrote:

        > >From the beginners@... list:

        > >From Bob_Showalter@... Mon Sep 1 10:27:55 2003
        > Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 09:44:06 -0400
        > From: Bob Showalter <Bob_Showalter@...>
        > To: 'Paul Archer' <tigger@...>
        > Cc: beginners@...
        > Subject: RE: our vs my

        > Since global variables are created automatically,
        > it's easy to introduce bugs into your program by making typos in variable
        > names.

        I think another reason is you find yourself using the same name
        for different variables in different parts of
        the program, without realizing it.

        --
        Greg Matheson, Taiwan