Error in XML::Parser

  • Jonathan Hipkiss
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2003
      Hi,

      I'm getting this error:

      Can't load 'C:/perl/Perl/site/lib/auto/XML/Parser/Expat/Expat.dll' for
      module XML::Parser::Expat: load_file:One of the library files needed
      to run this application cannot be found at
      C:/perl/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 204.
      Compilation failed in require at C:/perl/Perl/site/lib/XML/Parser.pm
      line 13.
      BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
      C:/perl/Perl/site/lib/XML/Parser.pm line 17.
      Compilation failed in require at C:/perl/Perl/site/lib/XML/DOM.pm line
      57.
      BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/perl/Perl/site/lib/XML/DOM.pm
      line 85.
      Compilation failed in require at janes_create_gui.pl line 80.
      BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at janes_create_gui.pl line 80.

      The odd thing is that my Perl is otherwise working OK, PPM say that
      the XML::Dom & XML::Parser modules are installed OK, I've even tried
      uninstalling and reinstalling them. Also the file it says it cant
      load (Expat.dll) is actually there.

      I've looked in Dynaloader.pm and it has this helpful but useless
      comment:

      # Many dynamic extension loading problems will appear to come from
      # this section of code: XYZ failed at line 123 of DynaLoader.pm.
      # Often these errors are actually occurring in the initialisation
      # C code of the extension XS file. Perl reports the error as being
      # in this perl code simply because this was the last perl code
      # it executed.

      I'm using Perl 5.6.1 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread on a Windows
      98 PC.

      So, any ideas?

      Thanks

      Jonathan