Re: Running Perl CGI scripts locally in Windows

  • Damien Carbery
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28, 2003
      --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "Gordon Stone" <gordon@s...> wrote:
      > Apologies if the question is answered somewhere in the archive.
      > I'm trying to run some simple scripts on my pc using activestate
      perl but I
      > only get the script displayed rather than executed. What am I
      missing to run
      > the scripts? Do I need to install a web server such as Apache?
      > Activestate runs fine on scripts - I'm now trying to move on to
      convert some
      > of my Unix Server CGI scripts (+ new ones).
      >
      > Gordon Stone,
      > Horwich UK

      Have you set up ScriptAlias and its directory as follows:

      ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/var/www/cgi-bin/"
      <Directory "/var/www/cgi-bin">
      AllowOverride None
      Options None
      Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
      </Directory>

      Obviously "/var/www/cgi-bin/" will be something like "C:/Program
      Files/Apache Group/Apache/cgi-bin"
      Restart Apache.
      Ensure that the #! path to Perl is correct.
      There is a httpd.conf setting for how to locate the executable for the
      script i.e. registry or file - ScriptInterpreterSource
      http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#scriptinterpretersource