Re: Flock Test?

  • Damien Carbery
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
      --- In perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com, "Perl" <perl-freak@h...> wrote:
      > What could be the simplest test to check 'flock' working on your
      server or not?

      > except for writing to support team of host ::))
      >
      > Thanks for any input.
      >
      > Sara.

      Write a small script with 'flock' in it.
      If the script runs then it is supported on the server. I would assume
      if it is supported then it works.

      To confirm it works you could write two scripts. One would open a file
      and flock it, sleep for a minute and then close and release the lock.
      The other script would try to open the file in a manner that violates
      the lock. The script would trap an error and report it.
      (By 'your server' I am assuming you mean a remote CGI host)
      Open two browser windows and invoke the first script and then invoke
      the second script in the second window.

      Is this too obvious?