Re: [PBML] SSH question

  • Nathan.Jeffrey@dhs.vic.gov.au
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2003
      Well, if you put the arguments individually, instead of inside quotes,

      "ssh", "nodename", "cat", "/path/to/file", "|"
      qw( ssh nodename cat /path/to/file/ | )

      ... you'll save yourself a Bourne shell invokation :-)

      (open() will call a sh to run your command if it detects a space in the

      "gaijin_punch" <gaijin_punch@...>
      01/08/2003 10:20 AM
      Please respond to perl-beginner

      To: perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [PBML] SSH question

      Just curious if there's any benefit of using the SSH module as opposed
      to just using a system call. The only time I would use it now is if I
      need to cat out a file from a machine that doesn't offer remsh.

      I tried a long time ago to install the SSH module, but was
      unsuccesful. (My system is in slight disarray).

      open (FILE, "ssh nodename cat /path/to/file|") or die "Blah $!"
      gets the job done assuming that I've copied the key to the target node.

      Is there anything worth while that I'm missing out on?

      Unsubscribing info is here:

      This email contains confidential information intended only for the person named above and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying or use of this information is prohibited. The Department provides no guarantee that this communication is free of virus or that it has not been intercepted or interfered with. If you have received this email in error or have any other concerns regarding its transmission, please notify Postmaster@...