SSH question

  • gaijin_punch
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31 5:20 PM
      Just curious if there's any benefit of using the SSH module as opposed
      to just using a system call. The only time I would use it now is if I
      need to cat out a file from a machine that doesn't offer remsh.

      I tried a long time ago to install the SSH module, but was
      unsuccesful. (My system is in slight disarray).

      basically
      open (FILE, "ssh nodename cat /path/to/file|") or die "Blah $!"
      gets the job done assuming that I've copied the key to the target node.

      Is there anything worth while that I'm missing out on?