Object member - error.

  • greg.hering@bench.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2003
      I have a class derived off Net::FTP.

      My class gets a remote XML file, parses it, and sticks the results in a local member so it can be used from other member calls.

      my $remHost = HCom->new( host, user, pass );

      HCom->getConfigFile(); #create member with 'bless($self, ref(shift));'

      The constructor makes the FTP connection.
      A class method gets the file, parses it and creates the member variable.

      When my class goes out of scope I get an error:

      (in cleanup) Not a GLOB reference at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/Net/FTP.pm line 1090.

      Is this maybe because I created the member variable in a method and not in the constructor?
      Or maybe I'm supposed to do something explicit to deallocate the member variable before going out of scope?

      Thanks,

      Greg

      Gregory L. Hering
      (256) 722-6420