RE: mailx via system sends zen mail

  • Srikanth Madani
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1 1:39 AM
      Greetings, Mongers!

      The following code refuses to mail the contents of $resfile to me :
      if (defined $ARGV[1]) {
      print "\nDiag:To check if resfile is still defined - $resfile and version is - $version\n";
      system qq(mailx -s"checkmr results for $version" $ARGV[1] < $resfile);
      print "\nNow mailing results to $ARGV[1]\n";
      }

      It prints:
      Diag:To check if resfile is still defined - /tmp/checkmr.13282 and version is - v33_0
      Now mailing results to srikanthm@...

      The contents of $resfile (/tmp/checkmr.13282 ) are correct - I checked it.

      But the mail I get is empty. Am I missing something obvious?

      Thanks much,
      Srik.

      Srikanth Madani
      Software Configuration Management
      Voicemail: +357-25-88-6986
      Mail: srikanth.madani@...
      Larry Wall on Perl 6 : We're working on it, slowly but surely...or not-so-surely in the spots we're not so sure.

      Thank you.