Re: [PBML] Perl schools

  • Greg Webster
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 1998
      At 05:22 PM 8/5/98 -0700, you wrote:
      >Here in the lush Irvine Silicon Valley of Southern California, there is
      >still not a single JC , or even the local university for that matter, that
      >teaches a course specifically for Perl programming, albeit the fact that
      >Javascript, Java, web design, etc. is offered everywhere.
      >Does anyone in any other part of the country know if there is a Perl
      >course taught at a community college, or at a 4 year school. Just wondered
      >why this aspect of computer science has been in the 'underground' for this
      >long.

      I think that other than a minor segment in a Unix course at the local U
      here in Vancouver, there is nothing else local.

      I'm hoping to build a website with exercises available for free, so if you
      have any that are not copywritten (not from a book), please feel free to
      submit them.

      Greg Webster

      Integrity is not a conditional word. It doesn't blow
      in the wind or change with the weather. It is your
      inner image of yourself, and if you look in there and
      see a man who won't cheat, then you know he never will.

      -John D. MacDonald
      _The Turquoise Lament_ gwebster@...

      ----
      Read this list on the Web at http://www.makelist.com/list/perl-beginner/