Windows 2003 Server + $ENV{'REMOTE_USER'}

  • Harri Klemetti
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2003
      Hi,

      Upgraded my Intranet server to Windows 2003 and now the Perl script for
      finding out user name:

      $usr = $ENV{'REMOTE_USER'};

      no longer works - no value returned.

      Any suggestions?

      Regards,

      Harri

    • Frankie
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2003
        Windows 2003 is Microsofts first real attempt at security...

        Someone told them that making you enable everything you want and not
        enabling it out of the box is more secure.... :-)

        So I imagine you will need to go through IIS settings to open it up abit.

        regards

        Franki

        Upgraded my Intranet server to Windows 2003 and now the Perl script for
        finding out user name:

        $usr = $ENV{'REMOTE_USER'};

        no longer works - no value returned.

        Any suggestions?