RE: [PBML] Perl run w/o Perl command on Win32 systems

  • Electron One
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2003
      I am using Win2K on one computer, and NT on another. Doesn't work like that
      on either.

      At 04:38 PM 6/2/2003 -0400, you wrote:
      >If perl is in the path on xp it will run just by calling the file name.
      >
      >Cheers,
      >
      >Leon

    • Jonathan Dunn
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2003
        Associate file types. pl => Perl.exe

        On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 16:38:52 -0400, Rosenstein, Leon wrote
        > If perl is in the path on xp it will run just by calling the file name.
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Leon

        Jonathan Dunn
        jon@...
        http://ephemeral.info
      • Jenda Krynicky
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 3, 2003
          To: perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com
          From: Electron One <electron1@...>

          > I am using Win2K on one computer, and NT on another. Doesn't work like
          > that on either.

          .pl must be mapped to perl.exe and added to the PATHEXT system
          variable. (My Computer\Properties\Advanced\Environment
          Variables\System Variables)

          Jenda
          -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery