RE: [PBML] Perl run w/o Perl command on Win32 systems

  • Rosenstein, Leon
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2003
      If perl is in the path on xp it will run just by calling the file name.

      Cheers,

      Leon

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2003
        I am using Win2K on one computer, and NT on another. Doesn't work like that
        on either.

        At 04:38 PM 6/2/2003 -0400, you wrote:
        >If perl is in the path on xp it will run just by calling the file name.
        >
        >Cheers,
        >
        >Leon

      • Jonathan Dunn
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2003
          Associate file types. pl => Perl.exe

          On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 16:38:52 -0400, Rosenstein, Leon wrote
          > If perl is in the path on xp it will run just by calling the file name.
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Leon

          Jonathan Dunn
          jon@...
          http://ephemeral.info
        • Jenda Krynicky
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 3, 2003
            To: perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com
            From: Electron One <electron1@...>

            > I am using Win2K on one computer, and NT on another. Doesn't work like
            > that on either.

            .pl must be mapped to perl.exe and added to the PATHEXT system
            variable. (My Computer\Properties\Advanced\Environment
            Variables\System Variables)

            Jenda
            -- Terry Pratchett in Sourcery