Perl run w/o Perl command on Win32 systems

  • Electron One
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2003
      Does anybody know how to run Perl on a Win32 system without using the Perl
      command?

      So instead of doing,

      C:>perl PerlCode.pl File1.txt File2.txt

      I would do this,

      C:>PerlCode.pl File1.txt File2.txt

      Any ideas?
    • Alan C.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2003
        On Mon, 02 Jun 2003 13:39:19 -0700, Electron One wrote:
        >Does anybody know how to run Perl on a Win32 system without using
        >the Perl
        >command?
        >
        >So instead of doing,
        >
        >C:>perl PerlCode.pl File1.txt File2.txt
        >
        >I would do this,
        >
        >C:>PerlCode.pl File1.txt File2.txt

        perldoc runperl
        perldoc pl2bat

        then, don't even need 2 use the .pl extension ie

        c:\PerlCode

        On a win (Activestate Perl) machine, ever look at all of the .bat files in the \perl\bin directory?

        --
        Alan.