Functions and Arrays

  • nunleva
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2003
      Hello everyone!!

      I would like to know, and sorry if this is a stupid question, how can
      i pass two arrays into a function!!!

      I made one code that has two functions that return an array each! And
      them i have a third function that receives those two arrays.. but,
      the problem is that the function joins the content of those two
      arrays in the first array!!!

      Example:

      $file1= "fich1.txt";
      $file2= "fich2.txt";

      sub f1 { #receives one file and returns an array whith the
      my($file)=@_; #content of that file
      open(F1,$file);
      while (<F1>) {
      chop;
      $f1[$i]=$_;
      $i++;
      }
      return @f1;
      }

      sub f2 { #the same thing
      my($file)=@_;
      open(F2,$file2);
      while (<F2>) {
      chop;
      $f2[$i]=$_;
      $i++;
      }
      return @f2;
      }

      @f1=&f1($file1);
      @f2=&f2($file2);
      &ver(@f1,@f2); #calls the funstion and sends the two arrays

      sub ver {

      my (@array_1,@array_2)=@_;

      print "exemplo de como pegar um item em especifico do array\n";

      $a=@array_1;
      $b=@array_2;
      print "Tamanho do array 1: $a\n";
      print "Tamanho do array 1: $b\n";

      print "aa$array_1[2]";

      print " ==== ";

      print "a$array_2[1]";

      print "\n \n \nImprime um array inteiro\n";

      foreach $x (@array_2)

      {
      print "$x\n";

      The problem is that in this last function the the first array gets
      all the values!!! Why??

      Thanks..

      Nuno