good books and resources to use

  • john gale
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2003
      I've only been on this list for a short time, but I've noticed a lot of
      questions that are actually quite simple and whose answer can be found
      in a number of places, public and private. I realize this is a
      beginner's perl list, but I think everybody who is even remotely
      serious into programming perl should use some external resource other
      than this list. for example, the Programming Perl (camel book) by
      O'Reilly is the most excellent tool to keep by your computer.
      <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0596000278/john0a>. Or,
      if you don't want to spend the thirty bucks on a nice hard resource,
      you can use a similar web resource, such as aspn network
      <http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Products/ActivePerl-5.6/lib/Pod/
      perlfunc.html>. I'm sure either of these resources will be a lot
      faster and more rewarding than waiting for someone to respond from this
      list.

      all the best,

      ~ john

      support the arts!