[PBML] Re: Quick CGI question...

  • gaijin_punch
    Message 1 of 2 , May 27, 2003
      Hello:

      so, as was pointed out in another response, your code is expecting 'start'
      > to have a value associated with the next starting point in the files
      list yet
      > there is no place in your code for the HTML page to feed back this
      value to
      > the script either through a form submission value (like a hidden
      field value)
      > or a URL encoding (myserver.com/cgi-bin/myscript.cgi?start=5).
      >
      > Hope this makes sense.

      Yeup, it's starting to. Would be a lot easier if things would start
      going my way. A whole machine crapped out on me and my internet
      connection was less than stable last night. Hopefuly this'll turn
      things around.

      As for the discrepencies in my script, I copied off a quick tutorial
      on the net and played with it from tehre. I realize why I had that
      goofy "-1" and "+4" thing in there as well. I first started it w/ a
      textfield, just to play with. Seemed a lot more natural to type in 1,
      5, 10 rather than 0,4,9. Just didn't change it when went for the
      button-only method.

      Thanks guys