[PBML] DBI and DBD installation

  • Manolo.Marzan@icl.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 1999
      Hi All,

      I've already downloaded the DBI-1.13 and DBD-Informix-0.60 but I
      don't know how to install them...

      I tried the DBI first on my own directory and it created a directory
      called DBI-1.13. Next, I tried perl Makefile.PL then after that make just
      like what README says.
      I did the same for DBD but when I tried perl Makefile.PL. I'm
      getting an error like this...

      {25}viking:manolom :~/dbi/DBD-Informix-0.60>perl Makefile.PL
      Can't locate loadable object for module DBI in @INC (@INC contains:
      /usr/local/lib/perl5/sun4-solaris/5.00404 /usr/local/lib/perl5
      /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/sun4-solaris /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl
      .) at DBI.pm line 0
      BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at DBI.pm line 158.
      BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line 20

      I don't really know how to install the product. Is there someone who
      can help me with this? Can you give me a step by step procedure how am I
      going install DBI and DBD?

      Thanks in advance....