Re: [PBML] encrypt in both Perl and PHP

  • Hudson T Clark
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2 12:51 AM
      Encryption isn't a part of programming its just one of the ways we can
      implement it first of all. Second you can use any algorythm thats
      supported in both languages, I don't know how php works but perl has
      modules, you would have to search cpan (if your perl installation doesn't
      have it) and make sure you can get code working for that algo you are
      using... then make sure you can use it in php to. You can probably use
      like md5 if you wanted to... That's also a pretty well known one and I
      would be suprised if php didn't have support for it.
    • jonas
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2 12:59 PM
        On Fri, 2003-05-02 at 03:51, Hudson T Clark wrote:
        > You can probably use
        > like md5 if you wanted to... That's also a pretty well known one and I
        > would be suprised if php didn't have support for it.

        It (php) does support md5, along with several others.
        When your hammer is C++, everything begins to look like a thumb. - Steve
        Haflich
      • u_shefi
        Message 3 of 3 , May 4 6:12 AM
          Thanks.

          but md5 is not something you can decrypt.
          it's a one way thing.