RE: [PBML] quotes problem

  • jake@thegoop.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 7, 2003
      if i'm correct in guesing this is a cgi script then the end result is an
      html page. and the way html is coded is the problem. the html see's the
      second second " and assumes that your done quoting. and in html there is
      no "escapes" as there are in Perl. using double quotes (") inside single
      quotes (') will work, and visa versa.
      hope it helped

      Jake
      (yes, i know i repeated some of what prak said, i just thought i would fill
      in a detail or so)

    • zeshanism
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 7, 2003
        you are right buddies.
        Okay I have this thing in the script:

        $Description = "$FORM{'Description'}";
        $Description =~ s/\"/\\\"/g;
        $Description =~ s/\n/<br>/g;

        print NEWFILE "<center><font size=\"2\" face=\"Courier New\">\n";
        print NEWFILE "$Description\n";
        print NEWFILE "</font></center>\";

        so now tell me what I need to do,

        thanks for your help folks,