RE: [PBML] quotes problem

  • prakash
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 7, 2003
      please send us the whole script.. i guess the problem is
      how u put ur value in the variable $DEscription..

      if u put it in '' (in between single quotes) it should be fine..

      like $Description = 'sokething " kajsdf " ';

      this will work perfectly ..

      -prak

    • jake@thegoop.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 7, 2003
        if i'm correct in guesing this is a cgi script then the end result is an
        html page. and the way html is coded is the problem. the html see's the
        second second " and assumes that your done quoting. and in html there is
        no "escapes" as there are in Perl. using double quotes (") inside single
        quotes (') will work, and visa versa.
        hope it helped

        Jake
        (yes, i know i repeated some of what prak said, i just thought i would fill
        in a detail or so)

      • zeshanism
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 7, 2003
          you are right buddies.
          Okay I have this thing in the script:

          $Description = "$FORM{'Description'}";
          $Description =~ s/\"/\\\"/g;
          $Description =~ s/\n/<br>/g;

          print NEWFILE "<center><font size=\"2\" face=\"Courier New\">\n";
          print NEWFILE "$Description\n";
          print NEWFILE "</font></center>\";

          so now tell me what I need to do,

          thanks for your help folks,