Re: [PBML] Search and Translate functions?

  • Nathan.Jeffrey@dhs.vic.gov.au
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3 3:44 PM
      Sure it's possible. split() on a hyphen into an array, substr() the first
      element to take the last two digits of the year, convert the month to a
      name via a simple lookup table, and print the results.

      Give it a shot. If you have problems with the code, let us know!

      "zeshanism" <zeshanism@...>
      04/04/2003 09:24 AM
      Please respond to perl-beginner

      To: perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com
      cc:
      Subject: [PBML] Search and Translate functions?

      I have a date from the form in format: 2003-04-03, (yyyy-mm-dd).

      $date = $field{'date'} ;

      but once after input I want to format it through script as:

      Apr-04-03 (Name of Month - day remains same - Year in two digits)

      Is it possible?

      Thanks,

      Zeshan.

      Unsubscribing info is here:

      This email contains confidential information intended only for the person named above and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying or use of this information is prohibited. The Department provides no guarantee that this communication is free of virus or that it has not been intercepted or interfered with. If you have received this email in error or have any other concerns regarding its transmission, please notify Postmaster@...