file parsing

  • Bryan Irvine
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2003
      I have a really bizarro mail server here at my work that has a ton of
      really strange config files. Without getting into too much details
      about it's setup. I have been charged with creating mailing lists for
      it.

      It has a file called "maildomains" that contains the address aliases for
      every email address for multiple domains. What I need to do is split it
      out into another file.

      This can normally be done just by "cat maildomains | grep domain.one"

      However, this file has the usernames in it as well.

      so it looks like this

      email.address@... username
      email.address@... username
      email.address@... username

      etc...in no particular order.

      When I do the standard cat and grep i'd get the username info on the
      right also. I need to strip that out so I jsut see the actual email
      addresses.

      Was I confusing enough??

      --Bryan