Re: [PBML] Please Help me

  • Nathan.Jeffrey@dhs.vic.gov.au
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2003
      That's actually what it's supposed to do. It's a 32-bit integer, not what
      Perl considers a "number", when you first assign it.

      I'm not sure, but printf() might be able to do it.

      "tvrajesh3" <tvrajesh3@...>
      31/03/2003 06:02 PM
      Please respond to perl-beginner

      To: perl-beginner@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [PBML] Please Help me

      I am doing socket programming in Perl.I am using inet_aton function
      to convert from Human Readable IPaddress to 32 bit integer number.
      But When i print the return value,Iam not getting the return value of
      inet_aton as integer,it is returning some other values(combination of
      characters,symbols) .

      The Test Code is as Follows:
      use Socket;
      $iaddr = inet_aton("");
      print "iaddr is ",$iaddr,"\n";

      Please tell me do i need to include any packages.Actually i need
      integer as return value from the function, please tell me how to get
      a integer value.

      Unsubscribing info is here:

      This email contains confidential information intended only for the person named above and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying or use of this information is prohibited. The Department provides no guarantee that this communication is free of virus or that it has not been intercepted or interfered with. If you have received this email in error or have any other concerns regarding its transmission, please notify Postmaster@...