printing download header and streaming data out...

  • Frankie
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 31, 2003
      Hi guys..

      I have searched the net in vain for the answer to this question, or even
      just some format info.. but came up mostly blank..

      I have an dbi/cgi::app script that has a download button.. when clicked I
      want it to print out a download header followed by a csv file of data..
      (from a mysql DB actually)

      The file doesn't exist.. I figured I could just stream the data out live
      after the header rather then save go to the hassle and script slowdown of
      creating the file...

      I am playing with this code:

      my $csv_data = 'client_transactions.csv';

      my $csv_output = $self->header_props(-type=>'application/ms-excel',
      -attachment => $csv_data);

      Which does indeed start a download.. but I have no idea how to steam the
      data out...

      I don't even want it to open in excel, I just want to save the file with a
      normal "save as" file dialog..

      not sure how to go about it, or even how to look for info..

      I'd really appreciate any info you guys could provide..

      kindest regards

      Franki